The Ten Commandents (also known as The Ten Commandments by the grammatically correct) are a set of rules the Clans have to follow, similar to The Warrior Code. They were given to Gleamstar by Bluestar the first time she died.
They are as follows:
- Thou shalt not believe in other GoIncesters,
- Don't make any pictures of anything and worship them. If you do, I will punish you and ur grandkits,
- Don't say StarClan in vain,
- Work for six days and worship me on one,
- Respect your Mom and Dad,
- Don't kill otters unless in battle,
- Don't be unfateful to your mate,
- Don't steal things from the other Clans,
- Don't lie about your neighbor,
- Don't be jealous of your neighbor,
- No being gay!
- The Ten Commandments are a blatant ripoff of the Ten Commandments from the Bible, with an eleventh rule shoved onto the end to justify Starkit's and Xdarkrosesx's homophobia.
- In Chapter 19, after Blackstar commits suicide, GleamStar says it is a sin, although it isn't mentioned in The Ten Commandents that committing suicide is a sin. If the Commandments were written the original Biblical way, it could fall under Commandment #6, as it would've been written "Thou shalt not kill", but the Starkit commandments are worded so that it only applies to killing others.
- Commandent #6 says that it's a sin to kill otters unless in battle, but it's likely it meant to say 'others unless in battle'. Similarly, Commandment #1 should say "Thou shalt not believe in any other ancestors",and #7 should say "Don't be unfaithful to your mate."
- It says that there are ten Commandents, yet there is actually eleven.
- The last Commandent says no being gay, however later in the book, she explicitly states "But being gay isn't a sin anymore!" and mates to Jazzstar. This is changing the Commandents to match her change in values, which is a blatant sign of the story's morality revolving entirely around Starkit.